Editors-in-Chief: Edwin Battistella and Natalie Schilling
Unique in its range, Language and Linguistics Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-reviewed surveys of current research from across the entire discipline.
For increased ease of access, articles are published under the following sections:
Cognitive Science of Language | Computational & Mathematical | Education & Pedagogy | Historical & Comparative | Phonetics & Phonology | Pragmatics & Semantics | Sociolinguistics | Syntax & Morphology | Typology
Aims and Scope
Language and Linguistics Compass publishes state-of-the-art reviews, supported by a comprehensive bibliography and accessible to an international readership. Language and Linguistics Compass is aimed at senior undergraduates, postgraduates and academics, and will provide a unique reference tool for researching essays, preparing lectures, writing a research proposal, or just keeping up with new developments in a specific area of interest.
Language and Linguistics Compass…
…Supports your research with over 100 new articles per year, sourced from an international scholarly community. Gain an introduction to new fields, an overview of unfamiliar topics, and familiarity with the latest scholarship and debate.
…Informs your teaching with lively original articles that are quickly and continuously replenished, and supplemented with teaching guides. Language and Linguistics Compass will provide you with up-to-date bibliographies and expert analysis on key themes to inspire and engage your students.
Explore Language and Linguistics Compass for:
- A new kind of core content: surveys of recent research and/or theory, on-going debates and suggestions for fresh areas of inquiry.
- Coverage of the entire field highlights connections across sub-disciplines within Language and Linguistics.
- Reference-linked bibliographies for each article, providing the ideal entry point into specialist literature.
- Teaching Guides from article authors to inspire and engage your students.
- 100 articles per year: 3 times more than a standard journal.
- Fast continuous publication: articles typically available 6-8 weeks after acceptance and as an online-only journal there are no issue restrictions.